Statement of Values
The values of the Circassian Education Foundation include:
- Commitment to the public good
- Accountability to the public
- Respect for the worth and dignity of individuals
- Transparency, integrity and honesty
- Responsible stewardship of resources; and
- Commitment to excellence and to maintaining the public trust
The Charity Code of Ethics
1. Professionalism: All board members and volunteers of the CEF act with honesty, integrity and openness in all their dealings as representatives of the Foundation. Board members and volunteers shall not pursue personal gain from any of the charitable activities of the CEF. The CEF promotes a working environment that values respect, fairness and integrity.
2. Transparent governance: The CEF has an active governing board that is responsible for setting the mission, strategy and oversight of the finances, operations, and policies of the CEF. The CEF provides comprehensive and timely information to the public, the community, the media, and all stakeholders.
3. Legal and regulatory Compliance: The CEF complies with all local, state and federal laws, regulations and applicable international conventions.
4. Responsible stewardship of assets, resources and donations: The CEF manages its funds responsibly and prudently.
5. Program Evaluation: The CEF regularly reviews its programs for effectiveness and has mechanisms to incorporate lessons learned into future programs. The CEF is responsive to changes in its field of activity and is responsive to the needs of the community.
6. Fundraising: The CEF respects the privacy concerns of individual donors and expends funds consistent with donor intent. The CEF is truthful in its fundraising materials.