There are 2 specific purposes for the college savings matching program:
1) provide grants for young children for future higher education; and
2) the encourage parents and families to save for college expenses of their young children.
Circassian children 0 - 13 years old and their families.
i. Circassian child, age 0-13 years old on date of application
ii. US citizen or permanent resident
iii. Parents to open a 529 college savings account, in the name of their child, at a US financial institution; if needed, the Foundation can help and guide parents to open and set up the appropriate account
iv. Parents to commit an initial deposit into their child's savings account of up to $ 1,000
v. Parents to commit to monthly automatic deposit into their child's savings account of a minimum of $25 per month
vi. Parents to personally attend the Scholarship Awards & Fundraising Dinner order to receive the grant.
Applying parents are required to submit the following:
- Fill out an online application College savings matching grant online application form
- Submit proof of an open 529 college savings account at a US financial institution. This should be mailed to the Circassian Education Foundation, P.O. Box 2276, Wayne, NJ 07470.
- If the parents do not have such an account, the Foundation can help and guide parents to open and set up the appropriate account. To request assistance with opening an account, parents may call Mr. Farouk Kozrosh at 973-244-0655
- Submit proof of an initial deposit of up to $ 1,000. This should be mailed to the Circassian Education Foundation, P.O. Box 2276, Wayne, NJ 07470.
- Submit proof of monthly automatic deposit into the savings account of a minimum of $25 per month. This should be mailed to the Circassian Education Foundation, P.O. Box 2276, Wayne, NJ 07470.
- Each application will be reviewed. The eligible applicant will be awarded a one-time grant matching the initial parent's deposit up to $ 1,000. A total of 20 grants equaling up to $ 20,000 will be awarded in 2014. The applications will be reviewed on a first-come first-serve basis.
- This program is offered for 2014. The Circassian Education Foundation may offer similar programs in future years.
- Parents who win the matching grant will be notified no later than November 20, 2014.
- Parents winning the college savings matching grants must attend the Scholarship Awards and Fundraising Dinner in order to receive the grant personally.
The college savings matching grant application deadline is ..........
College Savings Matching Grants application form 2016